I love to waffle – sorry couldn’t help myself – and what better way to enjoy these bad boys than with one of the Nation’s favourite spreads, Nutella.
Did you know that the 5th of February is World Nutella Day? Seriously, it’s a thing! So, with that in mind here’s a recipe for low Syn Nutella waffles for you to try.
You’d be forgiven for thinking these scrumptious waffles are a no-no on when slimming, but in fact they’re just 1.5 Syns when using your HEX B for the oats!
I chose to add a dollop of crème fraiche to mine for an extra 1.5 Syns but you could easily replace it with a fat free yoghurt of your choice, and of course speed fruit.
These hazelnut bites of heaven take just 15-20 minutes in the oven, so are perfect for even the busiest of peeps and they’re a real winner with the kids too!
- 40g of oats for your HEX B or 7 Syns
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 tbsp. sweetener
- 175g of fat free natural yoghurt or quark
- 100g fresh speed fruit (I used strawberries and pears)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Sprinkling of vanilla bean (optional)
- 1 tbsp. half fat crème fraiche (optional for 1.5 Syns)
- Blitz the oats with a hand blender until fine.
- Mix all the ingredients together except the fruit, stir.
- Pour the mixture into a silicone waffle mould.
- Bake at 180c for 15-20 minutes until firm.
- Turn out onto a baking tray for another 4-5 minutes to crisp.
- Top with your choice of speed fruit and crème fraiche.
A pudding twist:
The batch of mix I made earlier actually made 7 waffle portions, so I saved two and used once later on for a 0.5 Syn (as Nutella was counted earlier) pudding!
Fill a dish with lots of mixed frozen or fresh berries for speed and top with fat free Greek yoghurt and 1 tsp, of Sweet Freedom syrup and voila!
Share the love!
If you try out the recipe, leave a comment or tag me in your creations on Instagram @bloodsweatchias #bloodsweatchias #eatmovelaugh
Subscribe to this blog for more Slimming World friendly recipes, to hear about my personal journey and for other tips on how to eat, move, laugh more.