Okay, okay I know I’m super late to the baked oats party, but I finally got round to making some this morning and I was rather impressed.
I’ve seen pictures and reactions to baked oats all over social media the last few weeks and its seems people are divided as to whether their tasty or down right nasty.
Like most foods I guess it comes down to personal taste. I decided to add Nutella to mine, given it’s World Nutella Day on 5th February.
Perfect for breakfast or desert. you might think these cheeky oats are a no-no on Slimming World, but believe it or not they’re just 1.5 Syns when using your HEX B!
This too good to be true low Syn recipe for baked oats takes just 30 minutes in the oven, so leave them cooking while you get ready in the morning or prep dinner.
Now, there are varying recipes out there for the main mixture of baked oats, but I kind of followed the chocolate and orange baked oats one from Pinch of Nom.
Pinch of Nom is a site with tonnes of Slimming World friendly recipes for baked oats among many other things, so check it out if you haven’t already it’s awesome.
I didn’t have all the ingredients the site suggested and decided to opt for only 1 egg as I thought I would prefer the mixture more cakey as opposed to wetter like porridge mix.
- 40g of oats for your HEX B or 7 Syns
- 1 eggs
- 3/4 tbsp. sweetener
- 1 pot of Muller Light toffee yoghurt
- 1 tsp. Nutella hazelnut spread
- 100g fresh speed fruit (I used clementine)
- Sprinkling of vanilla bean (optional)
- 1 tbsp. fat free Greek yoghurt
- Add the oats, egg, sweetener and Muller Light into a bowl and stir.
- Pour the mixture into an oven proof dish.
- Swirl the Nutella through the mixture.
- Bake at 180c for 30 minutes.
- Once baked, add the Greek yoghurt and unbaked fruit for speed.
- Sprinkle the Greek yoghurt and fruit with vanilla bean.
Share the love!
If you try out this recipe, leave a comment or tag me in your creations on Instagram @bloodsweatchias #bloodsweatchias #eatmovelaugh
Subscribe to this blog for more Slimming World friendly recipes, to hear about my personal journey and for other tips on how to eat, move, laugh more.